FIVE Keys to Social Media and Marketing Success for Businesses
1. DEFINE Your TARGET AUDIENCE
Before creating content, it’s crucial to identify and understand your target audience. Where is your target audience? What do they do for work? How old are they? Where do they spend their time? What time are they active online?
Defining your target audience includes, but is not limited to…
- Pain Points
- Platforms/Social Media Usage
2. Encourage Engagement
If you want your audience to interact with you, you need to interact with them!
- Actively engage with your audience by responding to comments, messages, and mentions.
- Encourage users to participate in your comments through questions.
- Use CTA’s and links to your website to continue engagement.
- Foster a sense of community and friendship.
- Create a loyal following.
Creating engagement on social media can be difficult, but the key for many businesses is simple: consistency. To be consistent on social media, keep this process in mind:
- Plan – Pre-planning your social media posts in a schedule or calendar will help hold you accountable. A content calendar provides all of the heavy lifting upfront so you can schedule posts with ease.
- Create – Once you have a clear plan in place, it’s time to create compelling content that resonates with your audience. The creation phase involves designing, shooting, copywriting, and more.
- Execute – Execution involves the final steps of actually posting your content on social media platforms.
3. Adapt Your Content
Develop and adapt your high-quality content to resonate with your target audience and stay ahead of the curve.
- Use a mixture of video, static, infographics, and written posts to ensure diverse and engaging content.
- Not only should you adapt your content to trending, popular, or relatable topics, but also adapt to new platforms.
- Ex. The explosion of short-form videos – 90% of global marketers are increasing their investments in short-form video in 2023.
4. Measure & Analyze Performance
To assess the success of your social media marketing efforts, track and analyze key metrics. Some important metrics to consider include engagement rate, reach, click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and lead generation. These metrics can help you gain insights into what’s working and what needs improvement.
- Google Ads
- SEM Rush
- Platform Analytics (Business Accounts)
- Report Rover
5. Stick With It
Social media and marketing require experimentation and adaptation. Continuously test different strategies, analyze results, and refine your approach based on the data to optimize your content, generate leads, and achieve success.
- It can seem overwhelming starting an account from scratch or learning a new platform, but don’t let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.
- Organic social media is one of the best FREE marketing tools we have, and once you’re ready to put money behind it, you are sure to grow.